12 May, 2009

More Knitting!



Coffee Break!


This green striped scarf is the one I am knitting for Brandon at the moment. It is really cute. I have actually finished the whole ball now & need to join the next. Bit bummed though cos I would have loved to make a beanie to match it cos it is such a cool combo of colours but I won't have enough. It is really nice wool but the stuff that is making me sneeze a lot! It's Sean Sheep wool from BigW! It is weird stuff cos it is 70% wool & 30% Soybean! How about that! Who would have imagined they would knit with soybean products. I really must google that to find out more info about it as I find it quite intriguing. This scarf is a simple K2, P2. Looks good I think. I thought a beanie to match would have been really cool, not that I have ever knitted a beanie but I was going to try. But don't need to now with this sneezy stuff. By the time I ever see a BigW again he will probably have grown out of his scarf!


Now we have some very funny feet! Mine I'm afraid. At least they are covered! These are my cool socks that Joan my mother-in-law knitted for me just the other week. I got the sock yarn from Spotlight. (one of about 6 different balls I got!) I am determined to make a sock at least. I will probably suffer from SSS - Second Sock Syndrome, once I have done one. Or I will be sick of the colour I am doing & want to start one with a different colour. S0 I could end up with MSSS - Mismatched Second Sock Syndrome!!! The pattern for the socks - I keep wanting to call them recipes! - is on the label of the yarn. It is self patterning so very cleverly designed by the Turkish! (sorry this isn't Aussie made - I'm bad! But apparently the Turkish economy needed some stimulus this year too & their PM isn't as generous as ours! lol )



Ok, I better get back to the other room where I have made a big mess in the effort of cleaning! Shame really, but at least Brandon is napping now so I can make a run for it & do it without his assistance. Better just finish this cuppa but!
Happy Tuesday!
Mandy
Loose, footloose
Kick off your Sunday shoes
Oowhee, Marie
Shake it, shake it for me
Whoa, Milo
C'mon, c'mon let go
Lose your blues
Everybody cut footloose








No comments: