24 May, 2009

Chocolate cake & party time!



Today we had a mini birthday party for Brandon. His Gran & Grandad are away for the next few months & miss his first birthday. These are my teddy bear cupcakes! This was Brandon's birthday cake today & good practice for me in cake decorating! They don't look so bad & boy were they yummy. I got the recipe out of the book Ladies, A Plate (as seen on previous blog entry). Best chocolate cake recipe I have found yet. They are the before picture anyway.
Here is the after.....




This is the first cake Brandon has had. Ok, he didn't actually eat much as just played with it. But we were happy to let him. We just changed his clothes & took the chair outside & hosed it down. Easy clean up. It was fun. Gran & Grandad enjoyed it I think.
On the knitting side of things, I am feeling quite clever. I am nearly done with a sock. I managed some how yesterday to turn the heel & all that jazz. Took a few tries as the pattern wasn't clear to me, but I undid & redid some & voila, a turned heel. I feel very pleased that I was able to manage it though it isn't quite perfect, hopefully the next sock will go better.
Mandy
Can I have another piece of chocolate cake
Tammy bakers got a lot on her plate
Can I buy another cheap picasso fake
Andy Warhol must be laughing in his grave
Chocolate Cake - Crowded House

No comments: