22 May, 2009

Favourite books right now!

Ladies, A Plate is one I have from the library right now. Sadly I have to give it back! It's quite an interesting read as well as giving cool recipes for old fashioned kinds of things. It is really nice & well presented.
This one, Cherry Cake & Ginger Beer I also had to give back to the library. I still haven't finished with it. I will have to get it again some time. If you are an avid reader & read all sorts of things as a child like Enid Blyton, you will know how much food featured in those books. This book is looking at things that the children, or bears, in the case of Paddington Bear, used to eat. Paddington Bear ate a lot of marmalade apparently so there are recipes of his in here with marmalade. It is quite fun reading plus it also gives you fun recipes to try if you wanted. I need to get it out again as I forgot to write out the recipe for macaroons. They sound much better than the coconut macaroons that I have grown up knowing & disliking.

The Gentle Art of Domesticity is another book by Jane Brockett & this one is really special. Not much of one particular thing but all sorts of little things. It's a nice read. & no it isn't about doing housework. That's not what she meant by the domesticity bit. Grab it from the library yourself & have a look. Another one I had to give back. One day I will go & buy a whole bunch of big fat books like these just so I can look at them any time I want.


This is one book I do own! Made in France has to be one of the most beautiful cross stitch books I have ever seen. I don't generally buy cross stitch books like it as I hate to work out of books. But this one was just so special. If I never stitch anything from it I don't care. I still had to own it. Of course, cross stitch is my first love so it wasn't a surprise. But I do intend to use it. In the meantime I can actually look at this one any time I want.
Happy Reading. Today I may get a chance to listen to a novel on cd again. What a great way to read & knit at the same time!
Mandy
Love in the library
Quiet and cool
Love in the library
There are no rules
Surrounded by stories
Surreal and sublime
I fell in love in the library
Once upon a time
Love in the Library - Jimmy Buffett
PS... Did you know it is Mary Cassatt's birthday today? Don't tell me you don't know who Mary Cassatt is! If you go check out Google today you will see what I see. Happy Birthday to Mary!
(even if she has been dead for 83 years!)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Allana said...

Hey there - it is so great to see all the awesome books you are enjoying in your house! I have endless wishlists of the ones I would like to own and borrow on Talis! Have you discovered The book Depository yet?? Super cheap books,fast delivery and free postage from UK - always!! Beats the other sites hands down! :)