08 May, 2009

Brandon's toys & my kitchen!

This is a ball I made in February for Brandon. When I was a kid we had a soft fabric ball like this that we played with so much inside the house. It was great! So I decided Brandon needed one too. I actually pinched the pattern from the rocket pattern below. Just extended the side of the rocket body down. I made the rocket after that. That was fun. I didn't do quite like the pattern said for the astronaut but added a plastic window in a very dodgy round window. Hope it doesn't go to space cos I don't think the window would hold up. lol If you want to make a rocket ship of your own go here - rocket It really wasn't difficult.
Having a fairly quiet day today as my kitchen cupboards are actually being fitted today! Wow! Two & a half years after the kitchen reno actually started! Stay tuned for some pics later on. I have to find the before pictures first in my files! They were a long time ago. Once the cupboard doors & ends are all in then all we need to get is the splashback. I can't wait! It will be so terrific to have it all finished off. It is going to look great with the floor that was done last year. Ok, will go & finish knitting this scarf. Almost done now. I thought I was but decided it needed to be a bit longer still!

TGIF
Mandy


And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I'm a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone
Rocket Man - Elton John


No comments: