28 May, 2009

It's THE sock!

Ok, here IT is... the sock. I really did make it myself. No help from anyone, even though I was going to get help for the silly little heel bit, but I was doing the "I think I can, I think I can" trick. Actually it was more of a "I'm not going to let this sock beat me! I can do other stuff so I can do this. How hard can it be really!" We actually, it was tricky. The pattern wasn't very clear really. It was only that when Joan was knitting my other pair that she pointed out a couple of things to me that she had to do on it, & so I had to do that too somehow. Also I used some tutorials at different points on the net for info. That was right at the beginning actually cos I was getting so tangled in needles. But I got there in the end. I have a couple of wee holes on the heel sides but hey, I think it was pretty darned good for my first attempt. I didn't expect I would be able to even wear it but I think I will be able too.
So I have now started on the second one. & well, I am all in a tangle with those darned needles & trying not to twist up the knitting & stuff that they tell you you must be very careful of! It was worse this time than on the first one! Once you get a few rows going it isn't so bad. I think I have just about got the colours in the right place too so that the second one matches the first. I have started at least 5 times on different parts of the wool to get it close.
I don't know how much I will get done today as we are still a house of Colds so both BJ & I are a bit crappy. Oh well, that's life.
Photobucket
Stuart made us chicken soup last night so I guess that's what we are eating today!
Photobucket
Mandy
Black socks, they never get dirty,
The longer you wear them the stronger they get!
Sometimes I think I should wash them
But something keeps telling me
No, no, not yet!
Girl Scout song

No comments: