here), I got to thinking how nice it was to be little. It's nice to be oblivious to all the grown up stuff going on around you! I really don't want my boys to grow up too fast but I wonder these days if the way we live does make it happen sooner than it did in my growing up days. I know I was naive about so many things that went on around me for a long time! I guess so much has changed & now it will be a good lesson in how to protect my boys from things to a certain degree, before I feel like they need to do or know stuff...
I thought I would have a turn at being little again anyway, with a little group of pictures of me back then...
- Myself, little baby Chris & Mum. No idea where this is. I can see expressions of BJ & DJ in me there.
- Big sister Judy on the big bike. Myself & Chris squished on the trike. We used to spend a LOT of time riding our bikes on our driveway.
- Ours summers were spent camping. We didn't leave town, we took the caravan over the river to a camp ground there & spent most of the summer there. They were good times. Myself & Chris sunbaking! At least I have zinc cream on my nose, but I doubt the rest of me has any sunscreen!
- Beach babe Me! You won't see me in a bikini ever again!
- Chris, Mum & I again. This time planting fruit trees in the new garden. We each had our own fruit tree that we chose. Mine was a plum tree.
- Judy & I. My first pay packet. The olden days when you got paid in cash in a little envelope specially made for pays. Our Opa had a business & we used to help I guess. Turned out I ended up working there for 10 years later on so this was the start of a long career.