27 January, 2012

Hope Your Day Was As Terrific

We had the most awesome Australia Day.  What has turned into an annual event, our Australia Day Barbecue has proved to be ever popular & hugely fun once again.  For having so many people at home - about 30, it is still one of the most relaxing days of entertaining to be had.  It was awesome weather.  We had so much awesome food & lots of awesome company.  It really makes for a pleasant day.  The tribe of kids had a blast with each other.  They all had great fun under the bubble sprinkler & making apple juice out of lemons.  Hmmm... interesting, but kids can do almost anything they put their minds on so I won't argue with any logic that is behind such a thing.  


I did start a new square on Wednesday & managed to get the last rounds in yesterday before everyone arrived at lunch time.  I really like this one, the Efflorescent Window.  I very nearly ditched it on the first couple of rounds but I persevered & wouldn't let it win.  It turned out OK after all.  I quite like this one with the little window in the middle.  I was able to make it the size I needed for my smaller bunch of squares too after the giant the other day.  I have a nice little collection now.  I will have to post a group picture of them soon.  


So now I will have to keep reminding myself all day that it is Friday after yesterday felt like Saturday all day.    But it's all good as tomorrow we get another Saturday!  Two in a week.  Bonus!  Have a good one!  Stay cool if you are sweltering, stay dry if you are getting loads of rain & if you are on the other side of the world, enjoy whatever the day brings!  

1 comment:

Sally said...

Yes you must have quite the square collection. Looking forward to seeing them all together.
Adore that photo of you and DJ. You look so happy. Wonderful.