22 March, 2012

My Creative Space

Breakfast anyone?  Coffee & an egg?  OK you can't eat the egg as it's just hatched!  But you could try the coffee!  It is a happy coffee after all!

I've been playing as you can see.  This was play time yesterday.  I have the books from the library, Amigurumi World & Amigurumi Toy Box.  They are great!  Both by Ana Paula Rimoli.  Very good. So good in fact that I found the first one on fishpond for a bargain so hopefully that arrives soon!  Oops!  But really, it was over 50% off!  You can't go past that can you?  So today I have to fit in a bit more amigurumi making.  I will work out of the Toy box book now.  It's a toss up on what's first!  The fox, carrot with the rabbit inside or the jelly fish!  I am not a fan of jelly fish at all but I saw a bunch of them in rainbow colours & they looked awesome!


Boy that was perfect timing... BJ just walked in the room.  I showed him the finished egg.  The look on his face was priceless.  He likes it!  So now he has just picked what he wants out of the book.  A jelly fish is next by the look of it!  They really are cool!  & a pink one at that!  These don't take long so that's fun!  It will be interesting to see how long the jelly fish takes.  I used a 4mm hook on the coffee cup but changed to a 3.5mm on the egg.  Will do another cup in the smaller hook as the spaces are a bit big for a toy.  I even had the eyes on hand.  I got them at work a while back for just this sort of thing.  I even found them!  (after only about 5 minutes of looking!)


For some more creativity today, check out all the other creative spaces won't you?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh these are just so cute !

Shannon said...

Super cute!!! :)

Anonymous said...

adorable. i know my little girl would think these are pretty special given she loves eggs so much. what a cute idea and made so well. i give crocheting a good go but gosh i find it hard sometimes.

Christina said...

I love the cute cup :-) I'd love to be able to crochet myself but whenever I look at how-to guides it all just looks so confusing to me!

Renee said...

How cute! I love Ana Paula Rimoli's patterns, but I haven't got Amigurumi Toybox yet. That little egg looks like a great idea for an Easter present, too.

Sally said...

Brilliant... will now be looking for these books at my local library.
I love the way the egg "hatches". Fantastic.

Sally said...

Oh no... I just looked up those books and they're not at my library... and both books were heavily discounted on fishpond... which one is better??? Maybe I should splurge too... ???