05 December, 2012

WIP Wednesday

If you are a Pinterest fan no doubt you will have seen plenty of pictures of these Melting snowmen cookies!  

Well this is my version!  & this is pretty much the extent of my crafting today!  I made the dough Monday night.  A double batch.  One lot is in the freezer waiting for the end of the week.  Cookies were baked Tuesday night.  I used my go to recipe for that bit.  I know it is a good one for rolling & cutting shapes.  I didn't roll these but I know they are going to hold their shape nicely.  They weren't meant to be perfect for the melting snowmen to sit on.  

This morning at 7.45 I was icing, zapping marshmallows individually in the microwave, & dressing them up.  Last night Stuart drew the faces on with my groovy edible ink pen.  So this morning I had a good laugh as I pulled them out of the container to put them on.  There was even a pirate!  Unfortuantely the pirate mallow went a second too long in the microwave & smooshed on the cookie badly!  Gee they are fussy in the microwave!   

We took these to school for the Christmas party this afternoon.  They were a hit.  Well I didn't have any to take home so that was a good sign.  BJ did sit on the floor telling all his friends around him that they were melting snowmen that mummy & daddy made!  


I haven't picked up the knitting since Sunday when we had a Ravelry group meet up!  Knitting in the Vineyard no less!  Very posh!  Was lovely really!  But no knitting since as it's been full on kid craft organising & baking!  Oh & some work thrown in there too just to add to the challenge!  

Linking up with all the talent over at Freshly pieced for WIP Wednesday!  

6 comments:

Bron said...

The first I have seen these....what team work to make them so cute...always a good sign when you leave with an empty plate. xx

Sally said...

Oh I just adore all the expressions on their faces. Too cute.

Cindy said...

Yum, Yum! You can send a couple of dozen my way! :)

Marsha Cooper said...

Those are too cute and look delicious!

Ellie Q said...

So cute! I haven't gotten to baking yet...

mamaraby said...

Too cute!