28 December, 2012

Special Sewing For Christmas

We did a few gifts that we couldn't show earlier!  BJ did some of his own fabric drawing.  That was good fun!  He went into quite some detail with his drawings.  I got him to put his name on them too.  I also dated them.  I must admit I stole the idea from Sally when her kids did the aprons.  I had to come up with something we could do too!  What a fabulous idea!  Thanks Sally!

This was drawing day.  (I interrupted his lego play to do the drawings!)


I turned them into oven mitts!  I was excited as once again I could use up a bit of fabric in the cupboard!  Was very cool.  He had fun doing this & he was excited to give them to the grandmothers & honorary Aunt on Christmas Day.  He told them all they were so they didn't burn their hands when they were cooking.  But I didn't really pad them up much so they are really only for warm things!  That's just the way I made them.  Using cotton wadding off cuts as well as fabric!  Yay!  I just had to buy a little bit more to get enough fabric for bias cutting the bindings.   

I need to do another one now.  For me!  Silly me didn't do one for myself at the same time!  DOH!  I definitely need one of these for posterity.     


I actually think these are a great idea!  I think every kid should make something like this!  They are great for mums & grandmothers for Mother's Day!  I will have to think about what else we can make! 

Have a good day!  Back to work for a rest for me!  

1 comment:

Bron said...

Fantastic...yes you must make one for yourself...
Often the way we make all these crafty things for others and don't have any for ourselves....
plus you know what you are doing now,xxxx