18 December, 2012

Sewing Up A Christmas Storm

It was a productive Monday!  That is a relief as I felt I just wasn't getting on to the little projects I needed to do!  

Well here is one.  This is from scraps!  I saved these scraps earlier in the year from work before they ended up in the bin.  This is exactly what I had in mind for them.  Except I cheated a bit.  I bagged it & quilted it instead of  quilting & binding it.  I didn't have anything to bind it with so would have had to get something at work but it needs to be delivered!  But it doesn't look too bad as it is.  Actually considering I don't  really like the Bittersweet fabric by Nancy Halverson much, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!  Excuse the dicky end though!  lol  


I especially love the back.  I am really drawn to this fabric!  Just like the backs of old postcards!  So much detail on there.  I think I need to get a bit more now.  I actually had it for the back of something else but decided to use it here instead.  So now it is a reversible table runner to if the recipient wants it to be!  Always nice for a change!  Actually I was really pleased with how simple it was this way.  I used a medium weight pellon inside as I had an off cut that was big enough too so that is what I went with.  It just fell together nicely which is always a nice thing when you have a crazy busy time of year like Christmas going on!  


&... drum roll.....

Hat 40!  Yep you read right!  40!  This is quite cute this one.  Really beachy so will hopefully be a good one for someone this summer.  Bit too small for me or else I would have to keep it!  


Off to sort out the boys & get going!  

2 comments:

Bron said...

Love Love Love that table runner....that looks like something I could even tackle...especially with no binding. Now if only I had some time tucked away to give it ago.
Enjoy your day. xx

Anonymous said...

I love the table runner.