28 November, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I was keen today to cut out & sew a Christmas tree.  Unfortunately there wasn't quite enough to get my triangles out of.  Bother.  So I have to either wait until Friday when I am back at work or go in Thursday when I am near there. I think I will probably wait until Friday.  Oh well!  But I did start off with what the pattern said so I don't know why it didn't work!  At least I have some triangles ready.  I could start sewing.  I'll see if I feel like it later when the boys are in bed.  I probably will knowing me!  


I also got to watch the children at playgroup this morning do some sticking with the Santa pieces that I spent ages cutting out last week.  I used the printable of this Santa, that I found on Pinterest.  But I turned it into pieces to glue on the page instead.  I printed up the blue pages with the numbers & then cut out 5 pieces from templates I made for the Santa head piece.  I think the kids liked them.  I know BJ did as shown here in deep concentration with a glue stick!  We had to do them this week so they had them ready for the 1st December of course.  


Linking up again with Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday!

5 comments:

Sally said...

Oh it is so frustrating when you run out of stuff and have to wait to be near the store. That can do my head in sometimes... especially when you know it will be a while till you're next going that way.

Bron said...

Very frustrating to run out of a vital ingredient....you are being so good at the crafting thing too. xx

Cindy said...

I hate it when I run out of or forget to buy the things I need for a project. Very, very frustrating. If only I had a store right next door to my house then my problem would be solved.

Looks like your son was very serious about his project. :)

mamaraby said...

I love the tongue sticking out! He's definitely concentrating on the task at hand.

Gina said...

Your trees look like a fun project and I will look forward to seeing what you do with them. The Santa project is a great idea for the kids; takes me back to my elementary school days. Thanks for the inspiration!!!