10 July, 2010

Shortbread Buttons

Yes, you read right. These are my shortbread buttons. I found this recipe a while ago & finally made them the other day. I don't think the recipe is anything different & I would probably do a different recipe next time, but the buttons sure are different & cute! I thought they would be fun to take to playgroup. You see, I have a four year old fan of my cookies there. Apparently he cheers when he hears that I am setting up. Setting up means bringing morning tea! I think these passed Master T's taste test & scrutiny & given a thumbs up.

Today was a good day for slow cooking soup so I had this Lamb Shank & Pearl Barley Scotch Broth in all day. Oh boy was it good. Easy to put together too. The recipe isn't for the slow cooker really but I just put it all in there anyway & it was just perfect. Next time I need to make a whole stack more though. You can't have too much soup in this weather right now!

5 comments:

Sally said...

Yummo! Your biscuits look wonderful. They're a sure thing to be a hit at playgroup.

nerines said...

They're so cute. I can imagine big and little kids would love them:)

nerines said...

I have to laugh, thinking about my previous comments, I must associate your blog with fun and playing. I hope you've had a great weekend:)

Bellgirl said...

Oooh yum, such pretty colours! and I've been looking for a lamb shank and barley soup, I'll give your one a shot.

So glad you've signed up for the Veg About! I love spinach and leeks, I must put some in our patch. I'm guessing from your list that you're in southern Australia?

Tina said...

These bikkies are sooo cute! My kids would want to play with them, I'm sure!!! Of course, they would eat them too...
Great idea!