29 July, 2010

My Creative Space

... brought to you this week by the needles. Lots of needles! I decided last week I needed to knit some socks with some of my stash of sock wool before winter is over. Then I will get a chance to wear them at least this year. This is the start of one. I am currently turning the heel which is why it is all over the place. These use 5 needles as it is but I have 6 going for the heel as I didn't put the other half onto one. I actually like this pattern. It is the Regia line of sock yarn from Kaffe Fassett & the pattern that goes with it. I got it as a freebie with the wool when I bought it locally last winter! I like this pattern to work the heel much better than the pattern on the sock yarn label from Spotlight. I have a couple of balls of that yarn still & I have done that pattern a couple of times. I don't find the socks take long to do either. The band at the top was slow but as soon as you get to the knitting around it is quite mindless & simple. I love watching the rows appear. This yarn is Landscape Shade 4251 Storm by the way. I love socks. It's quite fun to make your own!


Check out what Kirsty is knitting & all the other creative spaces over there.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I love socks too! These are going to be beautiful! Well done, looks awfully complicated and I am suitably impressed :-)

Bianca said...

Beautiful! I am yet to master multiple needle knitting, you've inspired me, I must do it soon. why is it that sock yarn comes in such lovely colours and blends!

xB

nerines said...

Love the colours! I almost bought some yarn this week, not to make socks 'cos I'm not that advanced. I'll have to do it something square perhaps?? :)

Hannah said...

man i DETEST double pointers, magic loop all the way baby!

Fiona said...

I'm trying to get up the courage to try knitting some socks ... they just look COMPLICATED!

Yours look lovely!

Cat said...

I love knitted socks but all those needles look a bit scary for me. The socks are looking great, knitted socks are so nice and warm. :)

Belinda Saville said...

Wow, that looks difficult! I'm sure it will be well worth the effort though...how cool to be able to make your own pair of socks! Loving those tones of green and blue and purple...just lovely :-)

Karen said...

Gorgeous colours - they do look very snuggly - and you wouldn't need slippers if you had these!

Bellgirl said...

Oooh they look wonderful, very snuggly and, might I say, very even (I am a terrible knitter and admire knitters enormously)!

Lovely to visit your virtual Veg About patch, How are the leeks growing? I love eating leeks but have never grown one bigger than a pencil ;)

Bron said...

Oh My knitting with 5 needles..clever you I can barely manage 2 in fact 1 crochet hook is more than enough.

Sally said...

OMG - that looks so complicated! Beautiful yarn... but all those needles are totally freaking me out.