01 July, 2010

My Creative Space


Well after last week's creative space I really don't have much to show on my Dottie blanket! I had that box of wool I was going to use. I started it with that but the plys are a bit too different between the dark & light browns. Then I was also fighting with the joining up part which I was trying as well. It's hard! Does anyone have any tips for that please? It doesn't look like it is hard but it is! For me anyway!


I had started again the other day but just got so bothered by it that I stopped. Stopped looking at the joining technique as well & left it alone for a few days. So, now I have started again again! lol This is it so far. I am just using some acrylics that I had left over from other stuff. So this will be a checked blanket eventually of different squares with white between. BUT... this is the first row & then I have to start with the joining bit! I am trying not to think about that bit yet. I am hoping it won't be so tricky when I go back to it again.


Happy Thursday as for one thing it isn't so icy! For other peeks into more creative spaces see here.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Looking good... and very Irish me thinks :)

My Handmadehappiness said...

yes very Irish indeed all the way from northern Ireland x

Anonymous said...

Perseverance is the key! Lol.
It looks like we're both having a little difficulty with our projects this week. But, I find it is just that much better when you overcome your obstacles (as cheesy as that sounds ;)

angelina said...

just had a look...is lookin nice mandy girl! are you making little eyelets onthe ends? love the orangey.:)