27 January, 2010

How Dishy...

I have been practicing my crochet a bit more since the purple dishcloth. Good thing these are good for practicing on. Nice size to play around with really. I started the green one on Sunday & boy did I have trouble! I started at least 5 times I think as I couldn't for the life of me get it to work. I was trying to figure out how it worked so easily on the purple one! Well it was good really as I was actually experimenting a bit with it too in the end trying to work out what I was doing properly. I think I can recognise the stitches more easily in a chain. I also have to not pull the chain tight as I do the chain. The green one is really tight on the bottom. Live & learn that is for sure. Then I realised that I must have done the purple one wrong in that I was only picking up half the stitch. I started picking up the whole stitch on the green one & yes it looked better. Not that the purple one looks wrong, I guess I just invented a new stitch is all! lol I persevered with the green one though & finally got it! Then Monday the rust coloured one, & Monday night the multi coloured one which I finished off yesterday after our big barbeque. It came up all right. I finally got it though & was pleased with how quickly they worked up. Now I have a couple of other patterns for cloths which I will try to decipher.

These really aren't my kind of colours - they go really well in the kitchen though as it turns out, but I had the yarn - it's cotton/acrylic, the stuff I talked about before that I got from Kmart & ended up getting a bunch of these dull colours for $1 & then 75 cents a ball. Bargain. They must be all gone by now! I will have to wait a little while to see what they stock for the coming winter. Then I must try not to buy any of it! hahahahaha... that's a good joke isn't it?

Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky-tacky,
Little boxes, little boxes,Little boxes, all the same.
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky-tacky
And they all look just the same.
Little Boxes - Malvina Reynolds

3 comments:

Sally said...

Wow!!! You really are on a dishcloth roll. They all look amazing! Well done to you!

Karen said...

They are great!! I did check them out the other day at the BBQ. Your very talented:-)

Molly said...

I think you are doing a great job....on a roll so to speak!. I became a follower of yours so come by and visit me if you get a chance.

Crocheting My Best With My Worsted
http://crochetingmyworsted.blogspot.com