25 February, 2012

Weekend Surprise


I've been having a little wash cloth play!  Last week I did the blue one with my Mission Falls yarn that I got at work.  Nice.  It's the wrinkly cotton but doesn't show up so wrinkly when knitted!  It was an easy pattern too.  Yesterday I did the one I call Fruit Tingles as it reminds me of those lollies.  Yummm...  I used some of my precious stash of Lily Sugar'n'Cream yarn.  This one is called Playtime.  Nice colours.  I am going to keep this one.  I like it - I really like it.  Was a groovy pattern to knit too - DW Darrell Waltrip dishcloth.  I like it so much that I dug out another ball of fun sugar and cream to start another today.  There are plenty of other things I should be doing but such a lot going on that I don't have large snatches of time to sit so these are just right for the little time slots I do get...

Little slots of time like sitting at the airport today for 10 minutes to wait for my brother.  He wasn't meant to be back yet, so it was all a bit crazy silly for him but back he is (Hey Mum, Surprise!! Look who's here after all!) & yes I did take my knitting with me & yes I did sit there & do some.  I got another few rows done & every row counts right?  Chris has been travelling here there & everywhere around the USA for the last two months or something.  So he brought me back my new stash of pens.  Crazy I know but I like them!  I can virtually follow his trip simply by looking at the pens.  He obviously didn't stop to study at Harvard University though as the packet is still sealed!  lol  The weird fat black one at the top is a hand doing a finger sign - maybe not quite a free hotel pen, but he obviously loved that one enough to buy it for me!  (Cheers Chris!  - I say, in my new Cheers t-shirt straight from Boston where the Cheers show was made where he just happened to stop & visit!)  Now I just have to keep my pretty pens away from BJ.  Easier said than done!  I think he has this addiction from me!


Have a great weekend wherever you may be!  We are melting down here!  Summer will suddenly come to an end though so I will enjoy it while I can!

1 comment:

Bron said...

What a neat thing to collect...we have a spoon thing in this house...which began from a joke and has grown and so now family bring them back when they travel....