11 October, 2010

Felt Fun

I got a chance to have a play with some of the crafts in the Fa La La La Felt book at last. Saturday I got the ornament above sewn & beaded! It's quite cute. I did a cross version of the 2 different ornaments like it in the book. It was a bit of an experiment. I think my beads are small compared to the ones used in the book. I used Mill Hill glass beads as that is what I have in large supply! Also had to get the number of strands down to fit through them of course so I will have to keep an eye our for a few in a larger size if I plan to do a few more of these. I haven't put a ribbon hanger on it yet as I need to find something that will put a decent hole in the top! I have a punch but it won't go through one layer of felt & this is 2 felt & wadding in the middle! Anyone recommend a good hole punch for this sort of thing?


Below is Owl. Actually it isn't mine any more. BJ has claimed it I think. He isn't a very Christmasy owl but it is way cute. I will make some more. I have to make BJ a bigger one to play with. He keeps asking this morning for it already! I will see what I can do. It was fun as I got to play with a bunch of stash - felt, floss, ribbon & buttons! Woohoo!

Thanks to Angelina for showing me this great book so I was forced to buy it myself! lol It's a really great book!

5 comments:

Bellgirl said...

How very sweet! I may also be forced to buy the book myself ;)

Anonymous said...

what a cute owl, no wonder
BJ likes it

Anonymous said...

what a cute owl, no wonder
BJ likes it

Jenny said...

these are lovely! I am VERY impressed you have begun thinking about christmas, i tend to bury my head until it can be avoided no longer!! (then of course immediately regret having done this!!)
Ps. I'm having a "giveaway of goodness" at the mo if you fancy joining in?! :)

ang said...

hi ! i love your work ! havent been blog hopping..but am a bit bored sitting over here. a lady in waiting, but not nearly as painful as the real one! ;)