02 November, 2009

Do You Remember...?

... sets of blocks that you could use like normal blocks but then they had pictures on them too, so you could put them altogether to make a picture. Then you could roll them over one way & there was another picture, & then roll them over again & there was yet another & so on?
Well here are mine!






I did these over the weekend. I finally got around to doing some & working out the best ways to go about it. I think I have figured it out. I am really pleased with how these turned out. Brandon plays with then as blocks right now but eventually he will figure out the "puzzle" part.

In case you are wondering about the pictures, well.... It is or rather was, the Golden Book "The Train to Timbuktu". You can't get any more retro than a Golden Book from 1952.

I am pretty pleased with these. I plan on making more too. I think these will be something fun that kids of today can enjoy! Everyone has a favourite Golden Book! What was your favourite? Mine was something about a rabbit with an egg. I still have to find a copy of it. Well I did see one somewhere in a bunch of GB's together but they wanted a fortune for them so I gave those a miss. I know my little sister's is "The Pokey Little Puppy". (Hi Ros!)

I hope you enjoyed seeing my blocks anyway!
Today is a holiday! Yay! I love Monday holidays! We are having friends over for lunch. We are having a pizza party. We are all making our own pizzas & bringing them here for lunch. Should be interesting to see what they others come up with as toppings! Bye for now!

Train whistle blowing, makes a sleepy noise,
Underneath their blankets go all the girls and boys.
Morning Town Ride - The Seekers

No comments: