05 September, 2009

Gift Time

I'm afraid it is just another Mill Hill ornament called Gift Time. It is pretty rare I think. I found this one on ebay. I had this finished yesterday but finally took a picture in daylight today. I haven't started another one yet, but need to finish my next knitted animal which is waiting patiently, & then am working on a baby sampler as well. Must do that since baby Ruby has arrived now & is waiting for it!


'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gain'd,
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come out right.
Simple Gifts - Elder Joseph

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, that is really cute.

Annie Bee said...

That is a really lovely ornament.