29 September, 2012

My First Hat

I had never sewn a hat before today!  But I got all inspired somewhere on the very world wide web the other day so I proceeded to down load & print out & cut out a pattern for one.  That is despite the fact that I have a pattern in the cupboard that I bought about 2 years ago & still hadn't made.  

The pattern was from Oliver + S.  Quite a good one to follow.  I did have to unpick a little when I got bits in the wrong way but it all worked out in the end & didn't take long at all!  I was quite impressed.  It's reversible too!  

But it's too small for DJ.  I had even measured his head!  Oh well, now I know I can do it I might even open the pattern of the other one.  This hat is pretty cute though with some fabric I have had for ages called "Beep! Beep!". It didn't take much either.   I am going to a baby market next week to try to move out all of the old baby clothes, so I will take this hat & put it out for sale too.  Can only try hey!  Might have to try to make a couple more before then but bigger!  lol



No comments: