30 May, 2014

A Knit For Me



Yes a picture of me!  Ekkk..  but only so I can show you this cardigan I made!   No one is as impressed as me!  lol  I am surprised at myself, but actually it wasn't difficult.  It's a top down & seamless cardigan so it wasn't hard.  It take me a little while as I started last year but didn't do any knitting over summer so it sat here waiting & taunting me to finish it.  I picked it up recently & got going.  I have worn it a couple of times now.  It's lovely for at work.  Shorter sleeves don't get in the way.  It's a 4ply piece too so it isn't hot to wear.  It's not bulky or anything.  I think if I knit it again I will add a few more stitches to under the sleeves that the 4 they suggest so I have a little more over the bust but oh well, maybe this will give a little.  

The pattern is Vanadium that is available through Ravelry.  One of my favourites for sure.  The yarn is Sweet Georgia BFL in the colour Saltwater.  I love it.  & yes, it's a sock yarn but that makes no difference.  Maybe the nylon in it will help it wear on the elbows, like it would in a shoe...  Hmmm...  

So there you go.  Something I have been working on lately while I had no computer.  That sure helped it get finished more quickly anyway. 

4 comments:

Bron said...

Oh so nice to see you...love the colour...and yes you are very clever xxxx

Bron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love it and the colour really suits you.

Sally said...

Being without the computer probably helped you get going with it :)

It looks fantastic. Love the colour. Love the design - adore YOUR smile.