Yes, it's finished! Not well, but finished. I tried a lot of new things which was interesting. But really in the great scheme of all the sewing I have done, I have probably done it before but just never known it was a "thing with a name"! lol
So I learnt -
- Top stitching.
- Twin top stitching but without a twin needle! ( I now have a twin needle to experiment with!).
- Getting to know stretch fabrics.
- Re-learning how to read dress making patterns.
- Getting with the new pattern phase of PDF patterns!
- Snap fasteners are rotten.
- The front panel isn't even, but I can see what I should have done to get it all matchy matchy.
- This was a project for a sew-along, so lots of people were making it at the same time & it's very encouraging.
- I definitely should have done the sleeves in plain black.
- The collar in the picture isn't sitting right.
- I have an overedge stitch on my regular sewing machine that makes a nice edge not unlike an overlocker. It does a good job when someone is too scared to learn how to use an overlocker.
- Snap fasteners come off & make holes in garment.
Well that is good & bad. But at least it wasn't some super expensive fabric. I had it ready to learn with so that worked out ok. I expect to make a lot more mistakes if I keep trying. But that's ok, I have picked up some good remnants from Spotty so it's not going to make me cry if I ruin anything. As I tell the boys, you have to keep trying so you learn & get better at something. Once isn't enough.