20 April, 2017

Complete!


Yes, it's finished!  Not well, but finished.  I tried a lot of new things which was interesting.  But really in the great scheme of all the sewing I have done, I have probably done it before but just never known it was a "thing with a name"!  lol    

So I learnt - 
  1.  Understitching.
  2. Top stitching.
  3. Twin top stitching but without a twin needle!   ( I now have a twin needle to experiment with!).
  4. Getting to know stretch fabrics.
  5. Re-learning how to read dress making patterns.
  6. Getting with the new pattern phase of PDF patterns!
  7. Snap fasteners are rotten.  
  8. The front panel isn't even, but I can see what I should have done to get it all matchy matchy. 
  9. This was a project for a sew-along, so lots of people were making it at the same time & it's very encouraging.  
  10. I definitely should have done the sleeves in plain black.  
  11. The collar in the picture isn't sitting right.  
  12. I have an overedge stitch on my regular sewing machine that makes a nice edge not unlike an overlocker.  It does a good job when someone is too scared to learn how to use an overlocker.  
  13. Snap fasteners come off & make holes in garment. 
Well that is good & bad.  But at least it wasn't some super expensive fabric.  I had it ready to learn with so that worked out ok.  I expect to make a lot more mistakes if I keep trying.  But that's ok, I have picked up some good remnants from Spotty so it's not going to make me cry if I ruin anything.  As I tell the boys, you have to keep trying so you learn & get better at something.  Once isn't enough.  


No comments: