19 December, 2011

More Decorations

 Like we need more, but I can't help but buy these MDF pieces from Kaiser each year.  They brought out this cute sleigh this year.  Well I hadn't seen it before if it was out before.  I got it awhile ago & on the weekend had the sudden urge to make stuff.  So I went through my stash of scrapbook papers (yes I have a stash of those too, not because I scrapbook as I don't, but because I like them.  It's the paper version of fabric is it not?)  So I was very good & used what I had even though I didn't have much in the way of Christmas paper left & I certainly wasn't thrilled with the ones I had as I am sure there are much nicer ones available again but I was good & went with what I had.  So there you go.  I got to use some ricrac on the sleigh & some gold bells & ribbon which are on the front & you can't quite see the bow but can slightly see a bell.  It was good.  I am quite please.  At the moment it is under the tree, hopefully it will survive the week there.  On Christmas day it will go on the table with a few little sleigh pressies in it.  I do this now as a tradition instead of Christmas crackers full of rubbish.  So this is fun.  I get to find a little gift for the people that are coming for dinner.  All good fun!


I had to do DJ his own decoration with his initial on it too, so he got a gingerbread man.  These are the ones I did last year for the dinner guests.  I can't have him being the only one in the house without his initial on the tree.
 Then I found these Kaiser craft stockings.  They are quite large & probably too big for the tree but the boys won't care.  So once again, whipped up with stuff I had, mini ricrac, paper, alpha-stickers & cute green check ribbon!  Good fun!  So that's that done & I have had a little creative time during the weekend.  Yay!

1 comment:

Bron said...

My you are doing so well still being so crafty this close to Christmas....the decorations are a lovely idea.