Yesterday morning BJ was sleeping in & I had a sudden urge to make this quilt. It is a cheating kind of quilt but does that matter really? The fabric is Beetle Boy from Clothworks. We got it in a couple of weeks ago at work & I really had to have some. The quilt top was cheating as it is just the fabric as is. No cutting, piecing or anything. I just got 1.5m of the top & backing & basted them while BJ slept yesterday. Too easy. He gave me a hand quilting the top later on. I did machine quilt it. I just followed the lines. How easy is that. I used a clear thread on the top & red underneath.
Below you can see the beetles up close & then I have pulled the back up so show the red with yellow dot backing fabric from the range I used. I just love the stripe that I used for the binding. I actually got the stripe originally to make a hat for BJ. I still have enough left I think. I got the strip & one of the blue bugs from the collection for the other side of his hat. I will probably get that done in time for winter! lol I am a bit scared of the hat, though I should try. I am sure it can't be that hard. Anyway, the hat is beside the point. Back to the quilt - I think I spent longer hand sewing the binding on than the rest of it took. What a great way to make a quilt though. If you need a quilt in a hurry this is the way to go. I don't need one in a hurry at all, I just had the sudden urge to make one. It was actually good practice too as I haven't done any for a while & I sure could do with a lot more practice. My binding corners aren't too shabby all things considered! lol This will probably hang up at work for a couple of weeks. I told BJ that it was going there anyway, so he didn't try to claim it like he does with everything I make.
So there you go. Now I can get back to the other list of things I have that I want to do. No doubt there will be new fabric at work that I need again soon. If it is true that there is going to be a worldwide cotton shortage, run out & buy a bunch of fabric now before the prices go up.