27 September, 2016

UFO Becomes FO



Well how is that then!  It's done!  With almost no time involved at all really.  Isn't that typical.

The centre pieced top has been sitting in the cupboard waiting for 9 years.  Yep, my longest serving UFO.  I knew it only needed borders sewn on, & then the basting etc to finish off...  I knew that.  I guess I really needed to be in the mood.  But the other week I dug it out to have a look.  Yep, I can finish that in no time.  Why not.  So cut the first border, cut the second border & the binding.  Found some perfect fabric at work & off we go.

I don't know why it's taken so long.  It would have just about been finished back in 2007 only everyone decided to come home for Christmas!  Yeah, rough I know.  I couldn't finish this as they all came home!  Well it was an odd year that one.  After my stepdad Noel died suddenly, I found myself helping mum out in her shop.  I sold lawn mowers!  & mower parts & all sorts of stuff.  But the mower business isn't one that I could keep myself flat out in, so.....  I got to set up my sewing stuff in the room by the shop.  I got a lot of stuff sewn at the time.  I almost got this one done.  But when Christmas was coming, mum needed that room for family members to stay in.  So I had to pack up.  For some reason I never put it back either so I could continue.  Guess the mood had passed.  But that's OK.   It's done now!

As you can see, I didn't put much effort into quilting it.  The quilt is so busy, it didn't need more than that in my opinion.  I am a less is more quilter as I have found out tonight working on another!  lol

My Virtues quilt is now done.  These are old Max New fabrics & they are called things like Peace, Charity, Faith & Hope.  I don't know what I was thinking at the time.  It is certainly not really me now.  But either way I do like it, florals & all.  But one day it will find it's home where it belongs.  I will look after it until it suits someone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That must have brought back a lot of memories as you were working on it. You did a wonderful job, and I love the colours and flowers on the quilt.