07 November, 2015

Christmas Inspirations

Christmas gifts for me the teachers & swim teachers maybe.


My favourite fabric designers have done it again.  I love this range from Sweetwater called Holly's Tree Farm.  I have cut out the pictures from one fabric with a wavy blade & the fusible webbed them to the backing.  Basted them & all I have done is a straight stitch around each square on the machine.  That is quilting & sewing the patches all at once.  Binding is fabulous with that diagonal stripe.  Love it.  & I cheated & did all that on the machine too.  No hand stitching in sight.  Cheating, but hey, it has made for a quick idea & I think, a great result.  

Now to decide who is getting them.  It looks like 2 teachers are.  So scrap all that knitting I did.  That is not in the equation any more & it seems I have a nice range of new cowls for next year.  lol  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love them. What a great idea. I'd better start thinking a bit more of Christmas. I keep thinking it's miles away.