01 July, 2011

More Knitting

Back again to show you a couple of other things. This little jacket thing I knitted at the start of June or so. It's from the book 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders. I had it out from the library & as usual they wanted it back. I used Merino Magic Fleck for this one. I really like it, but..... I can't wear it yet. When I had finished it it took me a while to get around to blocking it a bit. Because of the stitch pattern it is done in it gets quite tight. I have absolutely no hope of trying to wear it with my tummy as it is right now. So I have to wait till I get skinnier again & see if it fits ok then. Else someone else will end up with it! Bummer. But lucky them.

I really love the books by Judith Durant in the One-Skein series. Currently I have the Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders from the library. It's got some lovely things in there too. I have the Luxury One Skein Wonders book, but have yet to see the first of them all One Skein Wonders.


Here's something I didn't knit but wanted to show. Sorry about the blurry bird though. Seems there was a mark on the lens! Darn it... This is a cute knitted blanket with cute knitted animals sewn onto it. My MIL knitted it for baby. She was bored a while back & wanted something to knit. I had just seen this pattern somewhere so got it & off she went. It's a cute book & includes patterns to make toys like all the ones on the blanket too. I will have to get it sometime, so I can make the turtle for BJ. It's cute as.



So there you go. Some more knitting stuff. I will see what I have left to post now. I think I may even be up to date!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous blanket your MIL made, and knitted so beautifully. Very clever.