04 May, 2017

Crazy Knitting Lady

I have really crossed over to the dark side...  the woolly dark side.  

I have always been a one thing at a time crafter.  I used to cross stitch flat out.  Always finished one before starting another.  

With my knitting over the last few years I have had 2 on the go at once as usually I have a small project like a cowl or socks that is travel sized for carrying with me.  

This week I have got rather over excited.  Mad even!  

Saturday I finally got started on a baby blanket for a gift after much umming & ahhing over what design to do.  It's coming along nicely.  



The sock yarns that I caked up last weekend I also finally made a decision.  I used the very technical way of asking BJ to hold 2 of the balls behind his back & I picked one hand.  That is a regular method of choosing in our house so why don't I get to actually use it myself.  I did!  I am even trying a new pattern for socks including cables!  

Crazy knitting lady is doing 2 cable knits at once!  



If that wasn't enough of a job with both of those, one of the pages I follow online has a May Sweater Challenge.  Ok, so I am in Australia & we don't wear sweaters!  Jumpers yes.  Sweaters no.  So after much umming & ahhing again over yarn colours I went with this & cast on this as well!  It got so cold this week suddenly that I needed some fresh new woollies to pull on.  I did actually bother to get the oldies out & give them a wash but there's always room for another.  



So stay tuned for updates!  I wonder which will be finished first!

Also I am pleased for Thimble-Its.  I have a hole in my finger from all this knitting so the thimble-its are saving me some pain...

No comments: